Friday, May 16, 2008

So frustrating

And the carpet saga continues..... We were supposed to have carpet installed in our whole house on Thursday. I waited and waited Wednesday for the call to confirm for the next day... Never got one... I called the company and asked if we were still on for Thursday. "I'm sorry you weren't called. I thought you had been." is what I got from a very nice guy. (He has really been working overtime for us and many others). He felt bad because I guess the truck that was carrying my carpet and was promised to be in town Wed. midnight for Thursday install had overturned somewhere in Kansas or Missouri. Now they had to RE-ORDER everything on the truck and cant install until Monday.

I mentioned to him how upset I was as we had our Rental manager coming on Saturday to take pictures to list our house. (had to cancel that now). He tried a few different things and actually found my same carpet and everything that there was a GOOD chance that it could be installed Friday afternoon. -my hopes were getting better now--. I called today to verify and THAT truck didn't come in as of 1120am. I had to leave to see AN's field day at school. I got back around 2:30 and checked in with Tom. (the guy helping me out) Well to no surprise at all the truck still isn't here. Its not looking like it will be in until closing so they cant get the carpet. If it does come and they can get the carpet they can come tomorrow. (don't hold your breath). If it doesnt come today the plant is closed on Saturday so they wouldn't be able to come again until MONDAY. He assured me he already had me scheduled for sure Monday with a crew and everything.

I just wish that if they tell you something that it will be done on a date they should do everything they can to make sure it is. And Tom really has tried. I don't know how many other orders where on that truck but he is doing the same for them. He thanked me for being so "understanding and calm" throughout the whole thing and I again expressed that I really wasn't but there's nothing I can do about it.

ARRRGGHHH.. OK I'm done venting. Thanks for reading. :)

3 comments:

Tam said...

Carpet is always so fun. When we were trying to sell our house in SLC we needed to install carpet in the basement. When the guy came to put it in he cut it wrong and ended up puzzle piecing it together. We had something like 9 pieces ranging from a couple inches wide to several feet. Needless to say we had to pull it all out, reorder it, and reschedule the install.

Here is the kicker though - not only did they send the same guy to install it again (after he tried to blame it on us by saying we mismeasured the room) but then when he was done my cat peed on it!!!!

karen said...

LOL.. I did get the reminder call Sat am so Im pretty sure they will be here tomorrow. I just now have to wait for them to call sometime between 7-9am to tell me what time the will be coming. I would think they would come early as they have the whole house to rip out and put new in. Might take a couple days. I will just be happy when its done.

j. and a. jerman said...

It's also frustrating when the company (such as a/c, lawn, electric, phone etc.) gives a time frame wrather than an actual day. Exciting though. Your getting so close!