Wednesday, June 04, 2008

IS IT ALL OVER YET!!!!!!!!!

BIG SCARE Today. DHI (sales office for new home) called me today to see what our closing date would be. I told him I wasnt sure but we have until the 30th of june per our contract. He told me that if I didnt have anyone to rent the house by the middle of next week they would have to start "showing" my home to other people. WHAT??????? I was freaking out. I called my realtor down in TX and asked him if he knew what was going on. I told him what happened and he got really mad. He said "let me call you back".... Well he calls the sales office and basically lets them have it. They shouldnt be threatening my client. They have until the 30th of june. He was very upset.

Well we then get a email from sales office stating we have 2 dates to choose for first walk through and final walk through, then closing on the 27th a FRIDAY.. This got Brent REALLY REALLY (insert different words here) UPSET. He emailed them back and wanted to say BULL XXXX (crap) He didnt put THAT in the email,just told me that when he responded to me, but did say how our contract had to close on the 30th and thats what we will do. Thats a Monday that way we could travel over the weekend if we needed too. He said he never closes on a friday as we could have the last meeting then there would be no way we would have the funding through. We would have to wait all weekend for the keys. We will have a meeting first thing Monday and then hopefully be able to move in later that day. We would let them know if we get there earlier we can move up the date.

I will be so happy when we are FINALLY in our new home. On the other side... after I put our house up on Craigs List we got 4 emails/calls to our manager. We have appts set this weekend. I really hope someone would be able to get it so we can leave next weekend for TX. I hope to get back on Saturday and tell you we are on our way. Wish us LUCK.

3 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

I hate escrow garbage!!! I so feel your pain!! I hope all goes as close to anticipated without further drama!!!

Tam said...

There are always so many fun things that go on while you are trying to get a house. This move for us was the top and I really think anything that could go wrong did. Which is why we spent a whole month in a hotel waiting for the sale to go through.

Good luck though - it sounds like you have a good realitor backing you up. That is all you need.

Ford Family said...

Wow, crazy! I can't believe you guys will be here soon. So exciting! Josh is such a cute, big boy!