Monday, December 03, 2007

New calling

Well. After getting possibly my first good night -if you call 6 hours strait good- of sleep we had a call at 7:30 am Sunday morning. Our ward doesnt meet until 1 so I was looking forward to sleeping in. Well it was from the stake office wanting to see John at 930. We had to get all the kids ready and us ready by 9. We did it and went to the stake center. Speculating all the way what his calling would be. We just got a new bishop 2 weeks ago and he used to be the EQ president. So we knew they were looking. Well THAT was the calling. Elders Quorum President. Our stake president already knew we were planning on leaving but felt like he should still be president. So we accepted and he was called yesterday. We had to let them know too we would be gone the next 3 sunday's possible 4 with traveling to Tx and to Utah.

We are leaving EARLY this saturday morning for TX. We will see how far we get but would like to try to go all the way. We come back next saturday 15 and 16th and then the kids have 1 week of school and we leave on the 22 for UTah. A much shorter trip. Only 8 hours there.

Thats all for now. Talk to you later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun for John! Russ was recently released from the YM program and called to teach in the Primary. It has been fun-ish for him. I am sure it would be more fun if I didn't leave after Sacrament meeting, but a slight complication has had me heading home early.

Oh, speaking of baby-ness... we are having another boy. That makes three little indians for us, and contrary to what I thought I would feel... I am thrilled and relieved.

Happy travels,
Willow

karen said...

Congrats. Hope your ok. Are you on a part bed rest? When is your due date?

Anonymous said...

No bed rest... just an order to not push anything. I am almost at 24 weeks and my due date is March 26.

Thursday, there was some concern that I would be on bedrest. So before I saw my doctor (I had about an hour between the ultrasound and my doctor visit), I went and finished out some Christmas shopping. Evidently, I am a terrible patient. However, no bedrest makes me all kinds of giddy.

Willow

Jen Wolff said...

How long will it be before the big move?

Jen W.

karen said...

We want to wait to move until the kids are out of school. We are just going down now because of the deals on homes with companies trying to meet their quota they are giving great deals on new homs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen--

I'm Eliza Clement's sister Emily. I saw on her blog that you are moving to San Antonio. We moved here back in January from Bakersfield and really love it. I would be happy to talk w/ you about S.A. or answer any questions you might have. I hope you have a successful house hunt. Email me at emilyrwhite@mac.com if you like.

Jenn said...

Enjoy the trip! LOL about the calling.